[lfs-support] Problem Booting New Kernel

Andrew Benton andy at benton.eu.com
Wed Apr 4 09:13:48 PDT 2012

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:54:08 +0100
Kshitij Jain <kjain181289 at gmail.com> wrote:

> After Configuring the Grub........and restarting the system my system grub
> menu shows and kernel boots. After few seconds it stops loading on
> following snapshot shows the booting

>From the image the kernel has clearly not found the root partition.
What was the kernel command line from grub.cfg? What does the partition
table look like? Which partition were you trying to use as your root?

The image appears to be a screenshot which suggests that this was done
in a virtual machine. I've never used a virtual machine so I can't help
if that's the source of the problem.

Andy