[lfs-support] Can't login after kernel loading, some configuration problem with kernel loading

gmspro gmspro at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 21:55:58 PDT 2012

@bruce.dubbs,
Removing /etc/console works, Now i can type all characters from keyboards.

But i still can't login, if i type root and password, it's not login successfully.

root:/# cat /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
bin:x:1:1:bin:/dev/null:/bin/false
nobody:x:99:99:Unprivileged User:/dev/null:/bin/false

root:/# cat /etc/group
root:x:0:
bin:x:1:
sys:x:2:
kmem:x:3:
tty:x:4:
tape:x:5:
daemon:x:6:
floppy:x:7:
disk:x:8:
lp:x:9:
dialout:x:10:
audio:x:11:
video:x:12:
utmp:x:13:
usb:x:14:
cdrom:x:15:
mail:x:34:
nogroup:x:99:

root:/# cat /etc/shadow
root:$6$ZqWuyAiJAHWb2Bf/$JZSZM1RhDQyQWrIQrHwvdAyzwRzMsjyHZ6lFyWSnUEutJHRQdc3P3BPDC1xCllIohpyLe39NZgW.X8/TB9Kjj1:15433:0:99999:7:::
bin:x:15433:0:99999:7:::
nobody:x:15433:0:99999:7:::

After chroot,

root:/# passwd root
Changing password for root
Enter the new password (minimum of 5 characters)
Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
Bad password: too short.
Warning: weak password (enter it again to use it anyway).
passwd: password changed.
root:/#

Can't change root password.

What should i do?