[lfs-support] Can't login after kernel loading, some configuration problem with kernel loading

gmspro gmspro at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 20:45:52 PDT 2012

>From /etc/initab

id:2:initdefault:

It was id:1:initdefault: before ,

Now i get the login prompt , i typed root and the password, that doesn't login successfully, it prompts me to login again and again, may be some problem setting root password.

I also get this after doing 'chroot "$LFS" /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM="$TERM" PS1='\u:\w\$ ' PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin /bin/bash --login'

root:/etc/sysconfig# passwd root
Changing password for root
Enter the new password (minimum of 5 characters)
Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
Bad password: too short.
Warning: weak password (enter it again to use it anyway).
passwd: password changed.
root:/etc/sysconfig#

Can't set password ^

Also from i can type from a to z during login prompt but i can't type ;',./ these punctuations, i get unreadable(not human readable characters) for those punctuations

What should i do?