[lfs-support] wget and openssl

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 16:13:24 PDT 2012

Jim Washko wrote:

> Great. Looks like I got openssl, wget, and Certificate Authority
> Certificates.
>
> I then booted and everything looks good.
>
> I went to test wget by attempting to get Zip. (wget http//
> downloads.sourceforge.net/infozip/zip30.tar.gz
>
> It tells me
>
> "Resolving http... failed: Name or service not known.
> wget: unable to resolve host address 'http'
>
> Is there something else I need to use this?

Does `ping 127.0.0.1` work?

What does `ip addr show` give?

What are the contents of /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.eth0

Did you ping your own ip address?  your gateway?
Did you set /etc/resolv.conf?

You need to think a bit and try to answer your own questions and tell us
what you've done.  This thread indicates to me that you want a lot of
hand holding.

   -- Bruce