Building a LFS system

Harold Hartley wheelie207 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:17:15 PDT 2011

I would like to build a LFS system, but I don't want to use a .rpm or .deb
compiled files.
I just want to build a simple linux box and I looked over the lfs book and
it talks about .deb or .rpm files or using a linux system to compile the
files to the operating system they currently run.
I'm interested in using the tar files on the system or being able to compile
the files on the new box without using a current linux box.

I hope someone has the answer for me to what I'm looking for.

Thanks
Harold