Can I use, this were copied, "tools" to another drives,

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:37:01 PDT 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:16:56 +0400
fuflono <fuflono at aol.com> wrote:

> Dood day.
> Can I use, this were  copied, "tools" to another drives, this same
> machine, or even on different operating system (the  same machine ,  the
> OS is family of "Linux")?

Yes you can use a copy of /tools on another machine, provided the cpu
is the same architecture. /tools compiled on x86_64 will not run on an
i686 cpu. I have several computers that are i686 but one of them cannot
run binaries compiled on any of the other systems, there is an
instruction it does not support that bash (compiled on one of the other
computers) uses.

Andy