Grub install tesing

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 10:06:22 PDT 2011

piper.guy1 wrote:

> Respectfully I don't agree. I still maintain the instructions in this
> section are confusing.
>
> If you read the quote it definitely says to get out of the chrooted
> environment, and then to re-enter it. There's nothing that says to perform
> the subsequent reboot and grub commands when you get out of the chrooted
> environment. It does imply that the reboot and grub commands are performed
> after you re-enter it.
>
> I don't see how you can interpret it any other way.

Are you looking at the same book?

8.4.3

"...if you already have GRUB Legacy  loaded you can load GRUB-1.98
through your old boot loader. To accomplish this, you will need to exit
the chroot environment now and re-enter it in the next section..."

8.4.4

"If you tested the GRUB configuration as specified above, re-enter the
chroot  environment."

   -- Bruce