glibc 5.7 [csu/subdir_lib] Error 2

Red Shaya red_shaya at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 04:44:39 PDT 2011

Martin Zajíc <ZAJCA> <zajcaa <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, thats not my problem because I'am always removing directory with build and
source. I don't really know what to do. I'am getting same error on debian and
Archlinux too.--Martin Zajíc
at 7:09 PM, Martín Olmos <phoenixzero2 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martini've had a similar problem before. What i did was delete the old
glibc
source file and starting fresh (uncompress again the glibc package, and follow
the building process described in the book to compile and build it). Sometimes
you have weird errors because you're compiling inside of a previous pass folder,
So i recommend you to create a new folder and delete the previous compiled glibc
libraryI hope this helpsBest regardsPhoenixzero

I had the same problem.
Simply removing the glibc directory and starting over didn't solve the problem.
I had to go two steps back. In 5.6. Linux-2.6.37 API Headers
I missed the: cp -rv dest/include/* /tools/include
After the copy was done I deleted the glibc directories and started
step 5.7 over again. Now it compiles.

Shaya