Is it normally?,continue.

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 03:05:13 PDT 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:24:37 +0300
"gdsi at mail.com" <gdsi at mail.com> wrote:

> To Bruce, Andrew.
> Excuse my  questions, must I after "5.5. GCC-4.5.2 - Pass 1",
>  unpack "linux-2.6.37.tar.bz2" into "/mnt/lfs/sources",
> go to "linux-2.6.37",
>  and here am doing from chapter "5.6. Linux-2.6.37 API Headers" all
> instructions?

Yes, the general scheme for the book is that on each page you untar the
code, cd into the new directory and then execute the commands on the
page. When you've finished that page, cd back into /mnt/lfs/sources and
tidy up by removing the directory containing the code you've just
installed. The book does tell you all this:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter05/generalinstructions.html

Andy