localnet script error

piper.guy1 piper.guy1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 10:53:45 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm at the last stages of LFS-6.7, section 8.4.3 "Testing The Configuration".

After rebooting, starting GRUB from the command line, and booted into
my LFS installation as indicated by 8.4.3, I had errors in several
boot scripts.

The cause was line 17 of '/etc/rc.d/init.d/sysconfig/localnet' calls
'/etc/sysconfig/network'. The file 'network' file doesn't exist in
'/etc/sysconfig' but in fact is under '/etc'. Once I made the
correction in 'localnet' LFS booted up without any problems.

Appendix D.14 also shows the problem in the manual.

Curious as to why I encountered a large problem like this, but I
couldn't find evidence of anyone else complaining about it in the mail
archives. Did anyone ever encounter this?

thanx
/carl h.