Hopefully Someone Will Check and Comment on My Logic [OT Maybe?]

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 16:47:36 PST 2011

>On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 18:00:56 -0600
>Dan McGhee <beesnees62 at att.net> wrote:
>

> [snip]
>
> Following is the script from the "variable definition" through the
> logic tests.  I've eliminated all the "extra" stuff.
>
> [snip]
>
> # This one recovers from a failed install
> if [ -e $logdir/make-`echo $package`.log ] && \
> [ ! -e $HOME/$package-files.list ]; then
>
> [snip]
>
> I've removed a lot of stuff in the script trying to make things
> relevant and specific to only the question.  Please feel free to ask
> for additional info.
>
> [snip]

Well... DOES the script add all the logfiles it is supposed to add?
Are you /sure/? Have you checked?

The tests look kosher, as far as that matters, but I would turn my
attention to the creation of logfiles.

Other than that, my money is on the `echo $package` substitutions.
If ${package} has a space in it, that could break it.
You can fix this by doing ''[ -e "${logdir}/make-${package}.log" ]''.

Take a small package (gzip?), and build it in such a way that it breaks
at various points, then inspect the relevant directories to see what is
there and what is not.

--
-Aleksandar Kuktin