"\s" in sed?

Tadeus (Eus) Prastowo 0x657573 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 07:13:36 PST 2011

Hi!

I am in 6.33. Perl-5.12.3 when I read the following sed command:
sed -i -e "s|BUILD_ZLIB\s*= True|BUILD_ZLIB = False|"

Although I see that "\s" means space character, I cannot find "\s"
documented in the info file. Quick googling also does not return a
good result about "\s". Where do you guys find that "\s" other than in
the source code?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/