libgcc_s not installed in /lib?

Tadeus (Eus) Prastowo 0x657573 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 6 00:08:46 PST 2011

Hi Ken!

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 3:34 AM, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>  I think you've missed one of the symlinks in section 6.6 ?

Ah, yes. It slipped from my fingers. Thank you very much for pointing
this out :-)

> ln -sv /tools/lib/libgcc_s.so{,.1} /usr/lib
>
>  Linking these to /lib probably means the temporary versions in
> /tools will still be found after the final gcc has been installed,
> until you reboot.  That is unlikely to be a problem, but the book's
> version of the symlinks is cleaner and ought to avoid your problem.

And, thank you for providing the rationale behind using /usr/lib :-)

Schönes Wochenende!

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/