Help! GCC 4.5.1 pass 2 compilation failed.

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:54:27 PST 2011

frank.zhu at spx.com wrote:

Please do not top post.

> It doesn't have the autotools requirement.
> I am using lfslivecd have autoconf version 2.61 and automake 1.10.

You shouldn't need autotools for LFS.  From my log:

checking libelf.h usability... no
checking libelf.h presence... no
checking for libelf.h... no
checking gelf.h usability... no
checking gelf.h presence... no
checking for gelf.h... no
checking libelf/libelf.h usability... no
checking libelf/libelf.h presence... no
checking for libelf/libelf.h... no
checking libelf/gelf.h usability... no
checking libelf/gelf.h presence... no
checking for libelf/gelf.h... no
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
      target-libada gnattools target-libgfortran target-libffi
target-zlib target-libjava target-libobjc target-libgomp target-boehm-gc

>> I was following LFS book & source version 6.7.  Completed steps before
>> step 5.10.
>> In 5.10, I need compile Gcc - pass 2. Got a fatal error
> "ac_nonexistent.h

I really don't have time to look at this in detail right now, but my log
shows no reference to any 'nonexist' string.

   -- Bruce