Do I need CLFS ?

Estevao B. K. icmp.request.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:50:57 PDT 2010

On 09/19/2010 01:58 PM, Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:54:42 -0300
> Thiago Padilha<tpadilha84 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>    Hi,
>>
>>    My current architeture is x86_64 and I need to build for i686, my question
>> is : Do I need to follow the CLFS book?

I have built a 32-bit version of LFS from the latest 6.7 book through
the LiveCD. Although the project is no longer being maintained, it still
works.

If the project was too time-consuming, I would like to propose a
console-only LiveCD, maybe with framebuffer, without the LFS packages
and maybe not linked to any LFS revision in a special way.

That way you may still be able to provide the latest kernel drivers for
new partition types, sata controllers, etc. And it may be a little less
time-consuming. If the user needs IRC, you can have a built-in IRC
console client with a configuration file on home folder already pointing
to auto-connect to #lfs-support

Just a thought...