LFS-svn chap 6.7 (gcc: No such file or directory)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:04:03 PDT 2010

2010/9/8 Martin Zajíc <ZAJCA> <zajcaa at gmail.com>:

> So i've rewrite gcc pass2 with last svn and it's working.
>
> I have another question about testing error.
> I try to make LOG with '{....} 2>&1 | tee $BUILD_DIR/LOG_$PROGRAM.log'
> but when I did it how can I test it for errors, becouse '$?' not
> working even if the script inside ending with 'exit 1'.

Maybe $PIPESTATUS  : $? is reporting the status of 'tee'.

Alternatively, if you don't need the compile output on the screen,
make ... >> $BUILD_DIR/LOG_$PROGRAM.log  2>&1

(for the first instruction, >$LOG : >>$LOG will work, but won't
clear out the old log if you have to rerun).

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"