build Expect error?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 26 15:21:27 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 02:11:22PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> robert wrote:
> > working on the Expect build at
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/expect.html
> >
> > instructions say:
> > "running the test suite is not mandatory ..."
> >
> > I do so anyway.
[...]
> > Should I be concerned ... or just plow on into the future?
>
> Keep going.  It depends on the host system.  I just ran it on a
> relatively current lfs-svn and it showed no failed tests.
>
>    -- Bruce

 Running the chapter 5 tests *might* be occasionally useful for
people who follow, or are changing, the development book (and who
have data to show what used to happen).  For everyone else, the
tests in chapter 5 are a distraction: they might conceivably
highlight that you did something wrong, or missed a package, but
since almost nobody runs them, it's hard to know.

ĸen