LFS 6.7 Chapter 5.7 glibc configure warning

David Shaw dj.shaw at btconnect.com
Wed Nov 10 12:36:02 PST 2010

When configuring glibc, I get the warnings below.  Do I need to worry?

Many thanks,

David Shaw

checking cpuid.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: cpuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
checking for cpuid.h... yes