Problem Booting up the new system ?

Mike Hollis zzflop at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 9 05:39:00 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 12:04:05PM +0000, dgfhfgh dfghdfgh wrote:

> Hello all,
> after going thought the book  and try to boot the new system,
> the Bootloader work fine but when i try to boot the root
> filesystem my screen display  alot of color (attached photo) ....

Nice picture. The only time I've seen a screen that like was using
windows/dos trying to boot a 16 bit os on a fat32 fs/partition.

Check your grub settings to make certain you are booting the right
partion. Is your host system booting correctly ?

I'm pretty new to using Grub2 , but it seems if you point grub-mkconfig
to the right place it will make a workable menuentry. I found the hint
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/grub2.txt to be
very helpful.

Also check http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette  concerning
wrapping text. It will make your posts easier to read.

Good Luck,

--- Mike Hollis ---