Glibc make error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 31 09:52:14 PDT 2010

On 31 March 2010 17:05, Kaleb Hosie <khosie at spectraaluminum.com> wrote:
> I'm having some issues with installing glibc while following the instructions on chapter 5.7.
>
> >From what I understand from the instructions, I made the file:
> /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/configparms
>
> In the configparms file, I should have the following text:
> case `uname -m` in
>  i?86) echo "CFLAGS += -march=i486 -mtune=native" > configparms ;;
> esac
>
> There didn't seem to be anything that went wrong with the configure script, but when I typed the "make" command this is what I got:
> make -r PARALLELMFLAGS="" CVSOPTS="" -C ../glibc-2.11.1 objdir=`pwd` all
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.11.1'
> /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/configparms:1: *** missing separator.  Stop.

 No, you have misunderstood.  If you type _everything_ from 'case'
through to 'esac'
your configuparms file will either contain

CFLAGS += -march=i486 -mtune=native

(no quotes, no other text)
or it will be empty (on x86_64).

The case statement , along with the 'uname' in back-ticks, is to be
interpreted by the shell.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"