LFS 6.6 Step - 6.9. Glibc-2.11.1

Wayne Cassidy wcassidy at scistatinc.com
Tue Mar 30 14:05:39 PDT 2010

On 30/03/10 12:51 PM, Wayne Cassidy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Compiling LFS on Gentoo.
> At step 6.9 (Glibc) after running the tests I get the following errors.
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/rt/tst-mqueue5.out] Error
> 1
> tst-mqueue5 is what I am concerned about.

Found the answer to my own problem.
mqueue5 tests (message queuing) is time sensitive.
In other words this is one of the tests that may time out if you're
computer is slow or you're using it while the tests are running.

By simply letting the test run in the foreground and leaving the system
alone the error goes away.
Tried it again while watching a High-def movie and compiling the kernel
and the error comes back.

Cheers,
Odin