5.7. Glibc-2.11.1

Raj munka007 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:49:47 PDT 2010

Please help me guys. I am trying to buid a lfs system for my project.
I type the command sudo make install and I get the following error at the end.

/bin/sh: i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc: not found
/bin/sh: i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc: not found
/bin/sh: i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc: not found
make[2]: *** [/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/iconv/iconvconfig] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.11.1/iconv'
make[1]: *** [iconv/subdir_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.11.1'
make: *** [install] Error 2

the author of lfs says
"Because Glibc no longer supports i386, its developers say to use the compiler
flag -march=i486 when building it
for x86 machines. There are several ways to accomplish that, but testing shows
that the flag is best placed inside the
build variable “CFLAGS”. Instead of overriding completely what Glibc's internal
build system uses for CFLAGS,
append the new flag to the existing contents of CFLAGS by making use of the
special file configparms. The -
mtune=native flag is also necessary to reset a reasonable value for -mtune that
is changed when setting -march.

case `uname -m` in
   i?86) echo "CFLAGS += -march=i486 -mtune=native" > configparms ;;
esac

I did the same and there was no error during MAKE. but during MAKE INSTALL i am
getting the error mentioned above. Please help