Psmisc-22.10 broken symlink

Rick Shelton rick.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 22:05:58 PDT 2010

I think I found a little problem with the instructions in the book here.

LFS 6.6
Ch 6.52. Psmisc-22.10

./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
ln -sv killall /bin/pidof

root:/sources/psmisc-22.10# ln -sv killall /bin/pidof
`/bin/pidof' -> `killall'
root:/sources/psmisc-22.10# ls -l /bin/killall
ls: cannot access /bin/killall: No such file or directory
root:/sources/psmisc-22.10# file /bin/pidof
/bin/pidof: broken symbolic link to `killall'

The same problem is in the current development version of the book also.

To address the issue, I moved /usr/bin/killall to /bin/ before running
the link command.

~rick