Unable to compile GCC-4.4.3, Pass 1

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 27 02:27:02 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 23:20 -0400, Chris Staub wrote:
> I don't need anyone to tell me how important it is to make sure the
> book is clear - ensuring that the text is technically correct, and
> more importantly understandable, is my primary goal.

Hey, calm down a moment, Chris. Nobody is disputing that. But while
making things understandable might be your goal, people *are* still
getting confused by things in the book. If they weren't, this list would
be a ghost town...

So when we see people making errors like this, it doesn't matter if you
or I think the text is perfectly understandable. The evidence on the
list shows at least people find it unclear, and to be blunt, their
opinion in the matter is what's important.

Simon.