Unable to compile GCC-4.4.3, Pass 1

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Fri Mar 26 20:46:39 PDT 2010

On 03/26/2010 11:36 PM, stosss wrote:

> You really have a bad attitude. I wasn't being insulting. You are the
> worst one when it comes to be caustic toward any suggestions. Your
> reply is always, "the book is clear". You are also quick to say, "you
> did something wrong" "you didn't read some part of the book". "if you
> read the book you wouldn't have made that mistake" You are the primary
> one for so much friction in this project.
>
> Go learn how to communicate.

Yeah, most of the time, peoples' problems *are* because they don't read
the book. Granted, on occasion I *do* jump to that conclusion a bit
early and unnecessarily, but past history makes it clear that many
people just skip much of the text (and yes, a number of users who have
problems have *admitted* to not paying much attention to the text - or
frequently people do read but just forget some important part), which is
what causes most problems.

Oh well, why am I concerned with your opinion of me...my primary
interest is in ensuring that the book is both technically and
grammatically accurate, as well as understandable for the
non-expert...and that's true whether you think so or not. So, sometimes
I happen to disagree on what might be "correct" or
"understandable"...big deal, nobody's perfect...

I'd like to say something like "I don't care what you say so I'm just
not responding to further comments" but then I know how much I always
just *have* to add further responses (this one being a case in point),
so...we'll see how I do...