grub2: error: fiel not found

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:47:04 PDT 2010

On 25 March 2010 16:09, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> and at that point I had a menu.  I'll take another look
> at everything in grub.cfg when I've found my fine
> toothcomb ;)

 Well, I've now worked around it - it ain't pretty, but bootloaders
never are.

1. Booting the wrong system was a pebkac.

2. From somewhere, the prefix is set to (hd0,15)/boot/grub.  I've no
idea where this is set, and trying to set it at the start of grub.cfg
didn't work.  So, I've created that path for it -

mkdir /boot/boot
ln -s ../grub /boot/boot/grub

 Since I'm expecting to manually edit grub.cfg in future, and for me
there is no benefit in "security by obscurity" for its contents, I've
changed that file to mode 644.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"