Bk6.6Ch6.9 glibc compile stopped with `__stack_chk_guard'

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 04:47:36 PDT 2010

On 25/03/10 04:08, Mike McCarty wrote:
> x2164 at lycos.com wrote:
>>       Hi All,
>>
>>       I've reached LFS Bk6.6 Ch6.9 "Glibc-2.11.1".
>>
>>       I've followed the book pretty much to the letter.
>
> Translation:
>
> I haven't followed the book; I'm not going to tell in
> what way I deviated,...
>
>>       Anyone got a grasp on this problem?
>
> ... and now I'm having a problem.

LOL
Well the LFS motto is "Your distro, your rules" so deviation from the book is to be
expected. I agree, "pete x2164" should have described the deviations. It would also be
helpful if we could see the actual original error message including some of the lines
leading up to the error to give it context.

Andy