Bk6.6Ch6.9 glibc compile stopped with `__stack_chk_guard'

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 23:14:20 PDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> stosss wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Mike McCarty
>> <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Translation:
>>>
>>> I haven't followed the book; I'm not going to tell in
>>> what way I deviated,...
>>
>> That was harsh! How do you know the OP deviated from the book based on
>
> He said so. I'm a native English speaker, and "pretty much" denotes
> "not completely", with the added connotation "but the deviations
> I deem to be minor". I am using "denote" and "connote" in a technical,
> narrow sense.

Do you always make assumptions like this when you have incomplete
information? Your interpretation of the OPs writing is sloppy at best
because you still don't know if your interpretation is even right.
> However, I did not intend to be caustic, as I mentioned in another
> message.
>
>> what was written? You don't know for sure. Maybe the OP did, maybe
>
> It's true that I don't know for sure, since I didn't look over
> his shoulder. However, if there are deviations, and his wording
> strongly implies that there were deviations, then they should be
> described, not just mentioned.

Again, you are making assumptions that still are unfounded. The
wording does give one the opportunity to think the OP may have
deviated, but there is no actual proof. The wording is vague. The OP
has not yet replied back to clear up what was meant by the writing.
You are also making the assumption that the OP is male. There is
nothing in the email address that gives any kind of hint to gender.
For any of us to assume that people taking on the LFS project are male
and not female is rather arrogant. It would give any woman the green
light to call any one that does that sexist.

--
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become