Bk6.6Ch6.9 glibc compile stopped with `__stack_chk_guard'

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 24 22:52:38 PDT 2010

stosss wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Mike McCarty
> <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> x2164 at lycos.com wrote:
>>>      Hi All,
>>>
>>>      I've reached LFS Bk6.6 Ch6.9 "Glibc-2.11.1".
>>>
>>>      I've followed the book pretty much to the letter.
>> Translation:
>>
>> I haven't followed the book; I'm not going to tell in
>> what way I deviated,...
>
> That was harsh! How do you know the OP deviated from the book based on

He said so. I'm a native English speaker, and "pretty much" denotes
"not completely", with the added connotation "but the deviations
I deem to be minor". I am using "denote" and "connote" in a technical,
narrow sense.

However, I did not intend to be caustic, as I mentioned in another
message.

> what was written? You don't know for sure. Maybe the OP did, maybe

It's true that I don't know for sure, since I didn't look over
his shoulder. However, if there are deviations, and his wording
strongly implies that there were deviations, then they should be
described, not just mentioned.

> not. There was evidence of attempts to figure out the problem before
> asking the question.

Yes, there is. Also, there is some evidence that his problems
may not be related to deviations from the procedure outlined
in the book.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.