Bk6.6Ch6.9 glibc compile stopped with `__stack_chk_guard'

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 24 21:50:58 PDT 2010

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>>>      I've followed the book pretty much to the letter.
>> Translation:
>>
>> I haven't followed the book; I'm not going to tell in
>> what way I deviated,...
>> ... and now I'm having a problem.
>
> Mike,
>    That's a little strong.  There is an error somewhere, but don't
> assume  that the deviation is intentional.

I didn't intend for it to be caustic. I agree it looks like
there is a problem which likely is not related to the deviations
from the book. However, I think that what I wrote is accurate.

Deviations need to be described, not just mentioned, IMO. That
I'll stand by.

If I caused offence, then I apologize.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.