Which chipset for USB?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:20:07 PDT 2010

On 23 March 2010 22:50, brown wrap <gramos at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Someone said boot parameter irqpoll is the key.
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=81153&highlight=noapic+usb

> OK ! That fixed the old keyboard. I can now at least log in from that. The USB ports don't work still, but at least I can now log into the console. Thank you. since I don't have KDE working yet, I don't know if the mouse works.

 I'm really pleased you've made progress.  But since kde,
even 3.5, is a *large* undertaking, may I suggest that you
try something simpler (I imagine that kde without a mouse
is not a pleasant experience).  A basic window manager
(for those of the hair-shirt persuasion, twm is in the book,
for the rest of us, something like fluxbox is a straight CMMI
without additional dependencies - 1.1.0.1 works for me)
and then a terminal - either xterm or rxvt-unicode.

 With those, you should be able to follow the book to test
Xorg and confirm if the mouse is working.

 Whenever possible, it's much easier to debug problems
when they are kept simple.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"