Which chipset for USB?

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 07:46:15 PDT 2010

On 3/21/10, brown wrap <gramos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd be happy to get any keyboard and mouse to work.

I wonder is your usb problem just the keyboard and the mouse?

In my config
# CONFIG_KEYBOARD_XTKBD is not set
# CONFIG_MOUSE_SERIAL is not set

I always thought XTKBD was obsoleted long ago.
To me, "serial" refers to 9-pin connector used long ago.

-When- does the keyboard start to not work?
 A. It works before grub only
 B. It works during grub but not after
 C. It works at a console login but not in X-windows

Does computer have a "PS/2" style for a keyboard?
Do you have a keyboard with the "PS/2" style plug?
Does it work differently than as a usb keyboard?
What kind of keyboard is it?

In short, should the focus be on getting the keyboard/mose to work rather
than on "USB" ?