Can't find commads in chroot environment

Caramon Majere caramon.su at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 22:56:49 PDT 2010

I have accomplished all steps in LFS-BOOK-6.3 until 6.7, when I compiled
Linux API header in *chroot environment*.

The error message is sample and clearly: xargs is not here.Howerver it is in
the path /tools/bin,while the environment PATH is set to /tools/bin.
I have installed xargs in step 5.18.It seems that I can involed all commands
installation from Findutils except in the chroot environment.
I can involved find,updatedb in chroot environment.But when I did it with
xargs and locate,an message displayed *"/tools/bin/xargs: No such file"*.

what's wrong with it?It's only happens in chroot environment.