Unable to boot LFS... Help me

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 14:15:28 PDT 2010

>On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:02:41 +0530
>"Sathya Narayana.R" <sathyanext at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I finished my LFS 6.5 along with "package user" system. After
> completing the installation of grub and everything, i booted into the
> new system.
>
> It shows the following errors...
>

> /sysmount: only root can do that
> grep: /proc/mounts: No such file or directory
>
> Failure:
> Unable to create devices without a SysFS filesystem
>
> After you press enter, this system will be halted and powered off

Perhaps you can share some more information?

How about all of the boot messages up until that point.
The point for now is in answering the question of whether /sys gets
mounted or not. Also, where did you get that sysmount from?

How did you install the bootscripts? Are they from the
lfs-bootscripts-20090812 package?

-AKuktin