v6.6 section 6.10, Re-adjusting the Toolchain

David Gay davidwgay at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:47:05 PDT 2010

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 02:37:52 -0400
> Subject: Re: v6.6 section 6.10, Re-adjusting the Toolchain
> From: stosss at gmail.com
> To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
>
>>>From the Book, the 3rd block of commands are:
>> echo 'main(){}'> dummy.c
>> cc dummy.c -v -Wl,--verbose &> dummy.log
>> readelf -l a.out | grep ': /lib'
>
> The only thing that I see that is different with your code and the
> book's code is in the first line:
>
> Yours
> echo 'main(){}'> dummy.c # no space '>
> Book's
> echo 'main(){}'> dummy.c # space '>
> --

Thanks for the quick response.  However, I tried the above both with and without the space, and still get the same issue.  It's interesting that in my email the space is missing, as I simply did a copy & paste  directly from the book.

Looking at the dummy.log file, I wonder if the following line indicates that I mistyped/did  something in an earlier step:

cc: unrecognized option '-mtune=generic'

Any idea which step may have introduced this problem?

Thanks again for any help.