grep-2.5.4

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 14:44:35 PDT 2010

stosss wrote:

> There are known test failures in the fmbtest.sh tests. The "|| true"
> construct is used to avoid automated build scripts failing due to the
> test failures. A good run will show 1 failure from 14 tests, although
> the test failure will detail 2 failed sub-tests.

That's true, but I don't like it.  We may have little choice though.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?14472  Open  2008
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29117  Open  2010

The developers don't seem very responsive to the bug list.  They have 38
bugs dating back to 2005.  The grep mailing list seems more active.

   -- Bruce