grep-2.5.4

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 14 14:33:12 PDT 2010

On 14 March 2010 20:12, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> guitarjerry at radioheadfan.com wrote:
>>  Ok. so I am in lfs book 6.6 at section 6.27 grep-2.5.4. Grep has failed 1 of 14 tests fmbtest.sh:
>>

>> Test #6 F failed: Cosi tu ÄiÅ¡Ã...
>> Test #7 F failed: Cosi tu ÄiÅ¡Ã...
>> FAIL: fmbtest.sh
>> PASS: yesno.sh
>> =================================
>> 1 of 14 tests failed
>
>> What I want to know is either how to fix this or to just move on with
>> the book. I looked through fmbtest.sh it appears to be a test of
>> cs_CZ.UTF-8 which looks to me to be a czechoslavakian locale? I don't
>> see why I would necessarily need it, although I prefer tests to not
>> fail.

 Even if you install all locales, as I do, it still fails.  In my defence,
when I added the patch we were using 2.5.3 and fmbtest  was generally
broken.  As Bruce says, we're now at the stage where the patch causes
the tests to fail.

> The patch is what is making it fail.  We are in the process of deciding
> whether to drop the patch or not.  The patch, from debian, is supposed
> to make speedups in utf8 locales, but I haven't verified it.
>
> If you are not concerned about utf8 speed, I suggest rebuilding without
> the patch.
>
>   -- Bruce
> --
 ĸen, still hoping someone has a testcase and dataset to
show why the patch is a good idea.
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"