grep-2.5.4

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:12:32 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:21 PM,  <guitarjerry at radioheadfan.com> wrote:
> Ok. so I am in lfs book 6.6 at section 6.27 grep-2.5.4. Grep has failed 1 of
> 14 tests fmbtest.sh:
>
> PASS: warning.sh
> PASS: khadafy.sh
> PASS: spencer1.sh
> PASS: bre.sh
> PASS: ere.sh
> PASS: pcre.sh
> PASS: status.sh
> PASS: empty.sh
> PASS: options.sh
> PASS: backref.sh
> PASS: file.sh
> PASS: foad1.sh
> Test #6 F failed: Cosi tu ÄiÅ¡Ã...
> Test #7 F failed: Cosi tu ÄiÅ¡Ã...
> FAIL: fmbtest.sh
> PASS: yesno.sh
> =================================
> 1 of 14 tests failed
> Please report to bug-grep at gnu.org
> =================================
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/grep-2.5.4/tests'
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/grep-2.5.4/tests'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> What I want to know is either how to fix this or to just move on with the
> book. I looked through fmbtest.sh it appears to be a test of cs_CZ.UTF-8
> which looks to me to be a czechoslavakian locale? I don't see why I would
> necessarily need it, although I prefer tests to not fail.
>
> --

6.27.1. Installation of Grep

make check || true

Did you read this note below the command above, especially the last sentence?

There are known test failures in the fmbtest.sh tests. The "|| true"
construct is used to avoid automated build scripts failing due to the
test failures. A good run will show 1 failure from 14 tests, although
the test failure will detail 2 failed sub-tests.