grep-2.5.4

guitarjerry at radioheadfan.com guitarjerry at radioheadfan.com
Sun Mar 14 12:21:10 PDT 2010

 Ok. so I am in lfs book 6.6 at section 6.27 grep-2.5.4. Grep has failed 1 of 14 tests fmbtest.sh:

PASS: warning.sh
PASS: khadafy.sh
PASS: spencer1.sh
PASS: bre.sh
PASS: ere.sh
PASS: pcre.sh
PASS: status.sh
PASS: empty.sh
PASS: options.sh
PASS: backref.sh
PASS: file.sh
PASS: foad1.sh
Test #6 F failed: Cosi tu ÄiÅ¡Ã...
Test #7 F failed: Cosi tu ÄiÅ¡Ã...
FAIL: fmbtest.sh
PASS: yesno.sh
1 of 14 tests failed
Please report to bug-grep at gnu.org
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/grep-2.5.4/tests'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/grep-2.5.4/tests'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

What I want to know is either how to fix this or to just move on with the book. I looked through fmbtest.sh it appears to be a test of cs_CZ.UTF-8 which looks to me to be a czechoslavakian locale? I don't see why I would necessarily need it, although I prefer tests to not fail.