question about gcc compilation pass 2 in lfs6.6 in chapter 5

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed Mar 10 09:33:28 PST 2010

On 03/10/2010 11:49 AM, Yogesh Kamble wrote:
> I am configured gcc ,when compiling it shows following error is
> "i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc:
> ../../build-i686-pc-linux-gnu/libiberty/libiberty.a: No such file or
> directory
> make[2]: *** [build/genconstants] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/gcc-build1/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/gcc-build1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2"
>
> how to solve this error.

Also, the fact that you were able to create /mnt/lfs/gcc-build1 means
that you have deviated from the book's instructions - either you
chowned/chmodding /mnt/lfs, or you created that directory as root, but
LFS does not say to do either. Just follow the instructions given in the
book, and if you "need" to become root when the book does not say to, it
means you've missed something.