General question about LFS 6.6

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 02:49:21 PST 2010

On 10 March 2010 09:33, stosss <stosss at gmail.com> wrote:
> To some of you this might be obvious. To me it is not.
>
> If I run a 64bit host and build using the LFS 6.6 sources and book as
> is will I have a 64bit LFS 6.6 system or do I need to make some
> changes to some of the book's instructions?

 Within the book, there are a few places where x86_64 has
to be done differently, but they are already detailed:

- /tools/lib64 and /usr/lib64 symlinks

- in glibc configparms, both chapters 5 and 6.

- in gcc pass 2, the sed to delete MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES

 Also, of course, the linker is ld-linux-x86-64.so.2.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"