BLFS xulrunner download

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Sun Mar 7 22:02:21 PST 2010

On 03/07/2010 06:09 PM, brown wrap wrote:

> I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to install Firefox and it talks about dowbloading Xulrunner, yet the download point to the same location as the Firefox download.

This is explained on the Xulrunner page. It says that the Xulrunner
download provided by mozilla.org is identical to the Firefox tarball, so
since BLFS already has Firefox it uses the Firefox download link.
Xulrunner is the main backend for just about any Mozilla product
(Seamonkey, Firefox, Thunderbird, etc...) and is included along with
each of those - you simply download Firefox, Thunderbird or whatever and
tell it to build "xulrunner" rather than the "browser" or "mail" app
(see the "--enable-application" option in .mozconfig).