Partition Sizes, AGAIN!

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 01:43:19 PST 2010

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Baho Utot wrote:
[putolin]

I use a boot partition and this layout
>> $ ls /boot
>> LFS-6.5/  Slack-x86-crypt/  Slackware-13.0-x86/  grub/  lost+found/
>>

> If /boot is an ordinary directory under /, and not a mount point,
> then one needs to modify the MBR to point to the place to find
> the boot record.
>
> Mike

Only the first time it is set up.  Never on updates.
All that you have to modify menu.lst.
The way I have it you have all the boot stuff in one place.
I also don't mount the boot partition from the fstab $( it is not
necessary ).
That way if you do an update the update can not clobber the others.
You do have to then move the updated files to the boot partition though.