Partition Sizes, AGAIN!

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:27:22 PST 2010

Mike McCarty wrote:

> I don't like a separate swap partition, because it's difficult to
> resize, and the information I have is that with 2.6 kernels a swap file
> is as fast as a separate partition, and much easier to resize.

Interesting.  I've never had to resize a swap partition.  I generally
start a new system using a commercial distro and just let it use the
default size for a swap partition.  My current systems have swap size
the same a RAM size.

You do know that you can use both a swap partition and a swap file at
the same time, right?

   -- Bruce