Partition Sizes, AGAIN!

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 15:08:18 PST 2010

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Mike, I don't understand your dislike for separate /boot and swap
> partitions.  They are not large and really don't need to change once set
> up properly.

I don't dislike a separate /boot partition. I like that, and I like
it near the beginning of the disc.

I don't like a separate swap partition, because it's difficult to
resize, and the information I have is that with 2.6 kernels a swap file
is as fast as a separate partition, and much easier to resize.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.