5.7. Glibc-2.10.1

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed Mar 3 23:42:15 PST 2010

On 03/04/2010 01:15 AM, Suraj Linux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed and linked gawk. But now I am not able to configure
> glibc-2.10.1. I get the following error.
>
> lfs_suraj at robot-laptop:/home/disk3/sources/glibc-build
> $ ../glibc-2.10.1/configure
> checking for gcc... gcc
>
> I even had a look at all the requirements in the INSTALL.txt file. All
> are installed.
>

> I guess ld version is old. But I am not sure what ld means. I tried
> looking at synaptic and I could not figure it out.
>
> -Suraj

The host system's toolchain should be irrelevant by this point, as Glibc
should be built using the GCC and Binutils you just installed in /tools.
According to that configure output, it's finding "gcc" but it should be
looking for $LFS_TGT-gcc. You've apparently done other deviations  from
the book already - changing the name of the lfs user, using a user other
than the lfs user to unpack the tarballs, etc. I would assume that this
latest problem is due to some other deviation from the book that you
haven't yet explained. What do these commands give?

ls -l $LFS/tools/bin
echo $PATH