GCC 4.4.1 Pass 1 Make error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 2 09:38:35 PST 2010

On 2 March 2010 14:36,  <bclark at bwkip.com> wrote:
> The config.log is attached to the message.  The host system is lfslivecd.
> --
 And the line is
/mnt/lfs/source/6.4/gcc-build/./gcc/as: line 76: exec: : not found

 That makes me think /mnt/lfs/source/6.4/gcc/as is a script.
If so, what does line 76 of it say ?

 I haven't seen this error before.  Usually, there are messages
from binutils when the test to determine the object file suffix
fails.

 Alternatively, and since gcc doesn't normally ship as,
I think you've screwed up some variables.  I'm assuming
'as' should be something like i686-lfs-linux-gnu-as but
the path to it still looks very strange.

  Umm, you're not trying to follow the 6.4 book with 6.5
packages are you ?

 If you are building 6.5, what is $LFS_TGT ?

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"