If SBU measure include test time?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:07:06 PDT 2010

littlebat wrote:

> I am learning LFS BOOK 6.6.
>
> Do you mean every SBU measure include test time described in the head
> of the page of the package in Chapter 6 which has a testsuite and don't
> include test time in Chapter 5?

Yes.  The SBU times are really only a guide.  They are quite variable.

> Have a glance at the sections in Chapter 6, I found there are some
> packages which have a testsuite but without marked "testsuite included"
> in the head of package section, such as: 6.25. Bison-2.4.1,
> 6.33. Perl-5.10.1, 6.41. Gettext-0.17, etc... If the SBU number in
> these packages don't include test time?

No, we just didn't say so in those explicit sections.  The times do
include the tests.  The book has been written by different authors over
time and every detail is not specified the same.

It's just not important enough to fix.  If someone creates a patch, I'll
apply it.

   -- Bruce