If SBU measure include test time?

littlebat dashing.meng at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:23:40 PDT 2010

Hi,

I try to measure SBU when installing every package with command
"time {}" and consider post my measure into
" http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~sbu ".

1, If only those packages marked "SBU testsuite included" should include
the time spent on test into SBU measure?

2, Or, don't include the test time in SBU measure of any package?

3, Or, include every steps from the configuration, up to and including
the first install just like the description in page
"http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/binutils-pass1.html"?

If I measure the SBU of "
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/tcl.html ",
using:

The first method:
time { ./configure --prefix=/tools && make && make install; }

The second:
time { ./configure --prefix=/tools && make && make install; }

The third:
time { ./configure --prefix=/tools && make && TZ=UTC make test && make \
install; }

Which method should I use?

---
littlebat