Help with Glib-c 2.11.1 Pass 1 (ch 5.7) in LFS 6.6

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 29 11:02:52 PDT 2010

Neal Murphy wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010 12:57:21 Mike McCarty wrote:

[about partitions]

>> The mount command should be able to mount anything with a file system
>> in it. CD-ROMS don't have partitions, nor do "native" USB sticks,

[...]

> An explicit example: 'mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb /mnt'. Oh, some USB sticks have
> partitions, but perhaps they aren't 'native'?

I used that term for lack of knowledge of a better one. Perhaps "raw"
would have been better. I was trying to convey the idea that some,
though not all, USB sticks don't have PTs in them. Some USB sticks have
PTs in them with just one entry, which seems a waste of ROM to me,
unless one also puts boot code in there and intends to boot from it.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.